Take the next step in your college journey.
You want to continue your education, and you want to do it in a supportive environment that offers the resources you need to succeed—that's where we come in.
Saint Mary's welcomes transfer students into the Gael community every year, and we strive to make the admissions process as smooth as possible so you can get started on making an impact and securing your future.
Admissions Requirements & Information
You must have:
- Graduated from high school, or completed the equivalent
- A 2.0 or higher academic GPA
While no minimum credits are needed to transfer, if you have fewer than 23 transferable academic semester units or 34 transferable academic quarter units, we may need to review your Official Final High School transcript or equivalent documents to consider you for admission.
Application deadlines for Fall 2023 admission are:
- Priority Decision Fall: March 1
- Regular Decision Fall: June 1
Application deadline for Spring 2024 admission is:
- Regular Decision Spring: December 1
Applying to SMC as a transfer student is a simple process.
- Apply using the SMC application portal.
- Submit your official and/or unofficial transcripts to email@example.com.If you have fewer than 23 college credits, you will need to submit your final high school transcripts as well.
- Check your applicant status.Within 48 hours of submitting your application, you will receive an email to log in to your status page. The Admissions Committee will not make a final admissions decision on your application until all application materials are received.
You can review our Articulation Agreements for a list of transferable courses and agreements made with local community colleges.
We also have 27 unique Associate Degree for Transfer Pathways. These are designed for college students graduating with an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) from a California community college and want to complete their degree at a four-year institution.
Courses that are transferable to the University of California (UC) system from California community colleges or other accredited schools are usually accepted at Saint Mary's.
Transferrable Courses Requirements:
- Must be completed with a letter mark of C-or higher (rather than Pass, Satisfactory, or Credit).
- May not be remedial subjects, vocational fields/courses, and non-academic courses. Note: Non-academic courses will not be considered during the time of admission, but once a student is admitted, these courses will be deemed acceptable transfer credits.
Maximum Transferrable Courses:
- A maximum of 64 lower-division–semester units or 95 lower division-quarter units are transferable to Saint Mary's.
Saint Mary's College of California proudly participates in the GI BILL® and Yellow Ribbon Program! Saint Mary's is committed to providing our veteran students and their dependents access to all of the benefits they may be eligible for, in addition to the other financial aid options such as federal, state, and/or institutional grants, loans, and scholarships. Through our campus Registrar Office, we can provide an array of benefits to veterans and their eligible dependents under the various public laws that come under the direction of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Transfer Student Admissions Events & Services
Learn about upcoming info sessions and transfer student events, and check out resources that will help guide as you begin your journey to Saint Mary's.
Transfer Information Sessions
Connect with SMC to learn more about transfer student admissions options, support, services, and visits through upcoming info sessions and events.
Sit down with one of our Admissions counselors to have your transcripts evaluated and find out the next steps to transfer. You must bring all official/unofficial transcripts.